all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

8.05.2013

ACETATE TREAT BOX TUTORIAL...


Good morning! I have a fun little treat box for you today ~ using acetate and patterned paper. This makes a quick, cute gift box that you can add any treat to!
Supply list:
  • 2 each – 4″x4″ piece of patterned paper
  • 1 each – 3.5″x10″ piece of acetate
  • Adhesive – I used super sticky double-sided craft tape.
  • Scissors, craft knife, or paper trimmer and a ruler
  • Scoring tools
  • Your digital kit printouts – I used Deena’s Bugaboo Papers
  • Ribbon – 13″ minimum
  • Optional – eyelets and eyelet setter
Start by laying out your digital papers. I added a couple strips of complementing papers to use as trims. The dimensions of the 2 squares for the top an bottom are 4″x4″.
1 – Trim out your patterned paper squares.
2 – Score the edges of the patterned paper squares .75″ from each side, on all 4 sides. Do this to both squares.
3 – Score your acetate at the following measurements, 2 3/8″, 4 3/4″, 7 1″8, and 9 1/2″, leaving a half in overhang.
4 – Place a pick of sticky tape on the 1/2″ overhang.
 
 

5 – Cut from the edge to the score line on each corner of the paper squares.
6 – Place a piece of sticky tape on each of the corner flaps.
7 – Fold the flaps under and  secure the sides to form the top and bottom of the box.
  

8 – Fold the acetate, and secure with the taped overhang.
9 – Place a piece of sticky tape on each side of the box bottom.
10 – Insert the acetate and secure. the acetate will be slightly smaller in width so it will fit inside.
  

11 – Punch a small hole (and add an eyelet – optional) in 2 opposite sides of the paper box top.
12 – Place the top on the box, mark where the hole lines up on the acetate, and punch a hole there to add your ribbon handle.
 

13 – Insert each end of the ribbon into the box top.
14 – Then insert the ends into the holes in the acetate.
15 – Tie knots in each end.
  

Last steps, add your treats and embellishments! The sky’s the limit! I’ll be giving this to a little boy, so I kept it simple and added a little tag using part of the extra coordinating paper I printed and filled it with sour gummy worms. Have fun making your own!


BIG hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails