all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

6.10.2013

DIY PINWHEEL PICTURE FRAME...


Good morning, I have a sweet little frame for you today ~ a Pinwheel Frame! This is a simple and inexpensive project which would also make a great gift! I used digital papers and die cut files for this project.
Supply list:
Start by laying out your pinwheels. Print the Ombre Papers on one side and the Maybe Papers for the other. Also print them in varying widths 1.5″, 2″, 2.5″ & 3″ square. Once they are trimmed out, place a glue dot in the center. I used a 3D glue dot since the depth would pop up the center, but also allow me to adhere the button to the center with no additional adhesive.

Next, paint your frame. I made a wash using water and acrylic paint, so that the grain of the wooden frame would show through. Plus using a wash will allow your frame to dry more quickly.


Last step, adhere one pinwheel to a bamboo skewer to place on the right hand side of the frame. Using the 3D glue dots, layer the pinwheels around the edge of the frame’s opening, and layering over the skewer, too. For some pinwheels, I stacked 2 dots to make them taller and easier to layer.


And that’s it! A nice gift for yourself or someone special – that doesn't break the bank!


Have an wonderful day,

3 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Awwww...! A niece and nephew are each having babies soon, and this would be a perfect gift for them. So very sweet Arielle. Just adorable. :) Bev

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So very sweet, what a lovely gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails