all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

12.11.2012

DIY Stamped Clay Ornaments / TAWS Tutorial...


Good morning! I have a fun little tutorial on making these stamped clay ornaments! Trust me, these are easy and quick, and sure to impress!

What you'll need:
  • Oven Bake Clay
  • Flat, oven proof glass baking dish
  • Rolling pin (I also used 2 wooden dowels to make sure my clay was a uniform height)
  • Stamps (I used Holiday Sparkles, currently a free set with a $40 order at The Alley Way Stamps!)
  • Cookie cutter
  • Drinking straw
  • Acrylic paint, brush, water and Mod Podge
Instructions:
  1. Knead your clay until it is pliable.
  2. Tape your dowels, if you use them, to your work surface.
  3. Roll out your clay and then stamp it. You stamp the clay before you cut it out so that you don't change the thickness too much. If you mess up, just knead your clay again and start over.
  4. Cut out your ornaments with your cookie cutter and use your straw to cut out a circle for your ribbon.
  5. Bake according to the directions on the package and allow to cool.
  6. Make a wash using acrylic paint and water. I painted my ornament and allowed the wash to pool in the areas of the snowflake to bring out some of the stamped detail. Let it dry and repeat the painting as necessary.
  7. Once your paint dries, cover your ornament with several layers of Mod Podge, letting it dry between applications.
  8. Tie on your ribbon and Voilà! 
Easy, right? What are you waiting for... go grab some supplies and make some yourself! If you do - I'd love to see them,
just leave a comment with a link to your creations!



Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails