all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

9.09.2010

POLKA~DOTTED MAISIE / ACLP #55


This image & patterned papers for this card were all digital! To see a quick tutorial on how I put it together using Microsoft Word, please see my tutorial over at The Pink Elephant.

I am starting to REALLY love digital stamps/papers... especially since I can hoard them & my husband is none the wiser! (Since they don't take up any physical space!) Another reason I like digital is you never run out of the paper! I've always had a phobia about using my pretty papers, because I'm afraid I'll use it up & then need it. NOTHING beats the real thing, but doing some digital is a super handy option!

I used a digi stamp from Lori Boyd, called Maisie, for this card. The paper is from a digital kit by Connie Prince called Sunbeams and Daydreams. I used this week's sketch challenge from A Crafty Little Place.

Happy Thursday!

24 comments:

LORi said...

THUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was me falling over!!! Don't worry I am OK...the kids helped me up!!

Arielle "Sue" (hee hee) Gordon.....you amaze me!!!!!

Hugs - LORi

Anonymous said...

Great card and thanks for the "tutorial"!

Unknown said...

Hello
You have done with your blog and your works are beautiful!
I spent hours watching and reading your posts, I even got some links that you participate in challenges for me to participate, thank you for providing the links to your blog!
I'll link to your blog on my monitor their work.
Hugs.

Tanja said...

Shoot *smashing hand on forehead*!! I can print all the digi dp I'm hoarding, right? Not just the special digi packs you can by at the stamp stores, right? Oh man, where have I been :::rolleyes::: Thank you sweetie - love your Maisie-stamp and your card anyway :))

Alanna said...

This is so cute. I love how you paper pieced her and will have to check out your tutorial.

Sheri Gilson said...

Arielle, this is SUPER DUPER Adorable!! Love the red & blue...and little Maisie is too cute!! I had a lot of fun chatting last night!!
Hugs~ Sheri

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is absolutely adorable. I have to get me this little girl.

Linda said...

You are so funny! BUT I feel the same way about paper. I don't think I could run out for a long time with what I have tucked away.
I love your card. She is so cute I love her dress. Lori Boyd is my favorite digi designer.

Kimmarie Baker said...

Thanks for the tutorial at TPE. I love your card - so pretty!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Gorgeous! Bet Lori loved those polka-dots! LOL! Can't wait to peek at your tutorial too. Thanks for the mention, I'm still coloring my digis but I'd love to to take that a step further and digitize my images. Really, a very wonderful card.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC~A Crafty Little Place

Silvia said...

Awesome tutorial and adorable card. Thanks for sharing this Arielle!!

Nicole said...

Arielle, wow, love your card (paper matching the bow is awesome!!) and I agree, we can surely hide digis in the puter, can't we!? Love your take on the ACLP sketch, glad you hopped over and joined us! Nicole, ACLP DT

Imke said...

Very sweet. I like the dress !

LeAnne said...

She is just as cute as you are! I read your tutorial with great interest, until I realized that you were using a more updated version of Word than what I use! I'll have to try it on DH's computer....love what you did with the digi papers!

cnelson said...

This is soooo adorable!! LOVE the image, the colors, the fab bow...EVERYTHING!

Jayne said...

This is a great card Arielle, so cute. Just wanted to say thanks for your kind comments on my blog AND thanks for the great tutorial/s over at TPE. I've been using digi images for approx 6 months (love em) just by way of trial and error.....it's nice to know what I should be doing! Keep em coming.

Regan said...

What an adorable card! I love the red polka dots and with that blue... wonderful! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! The paper piecing is amazing.
I see you love challenges. So do I. I am the challenge coordinator of some. You can see them on my profile. Hope you can join us some day :)

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I LURVE this. Seriously so cute! Perfect paper choice and the paper piecing and ribbon just make me smile. Thanks for sharing this fabulous card over at ACLP:D

Piali said...

Soooooooo Cute!! love it! Thanks for creating with ACLP sketch this week!

~*Joni said...

Oh how cute is this Arielle?!?! I love the paper piecing, and the color combo is delicious. Your take on the sketch with all the playful elements are perfect as always. ;)

Carina Lindholm said...

oh this card is too cute!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how sweet is she and her patterned dress is adorable.

KimberlyRae said...

Oh my!! I absolutely LOVE this!!!
You and byLORIdesigns INSPIRE me!
Wowwwww....Are there any tuts on this?
Do you cut the design out by hand or cutter?
Wheeeeeeeeee...my head is spinning
out of control with all the
possibilities!! Wow!
Hugsss and Blessings,
KimberlyRae
kreationsbykimberlyrae@hotmail.com
http://kreationsbykimberlyrae.com/blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails