all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

7.13.2010

FAST & FABULOUS / CQC #41 & 2S4Y #56...


A couple months ago I sang at our church's Confirmation service and became mesmerized with a dress one of the "Confirm-ees" was wearing... it was a black floral print on white, with splashes of dark turquoise... I decided to recreate it for my background here, using pink!



These are the latest colors for the colourQ Challenge... aren't they gorgeous! I paired it with Laura's 2Sketches4You sketch this week, which I thought would work well to show off the background.

I waited to order my Stampin' Up! 'pre-order' until the very last day - lol! Not much of a 'pre' anything, I know! This set is called Fast & Fabulous, and it's free with a qualifying order from Stampin' Up, and the sentiment is from Thank You Kindly! I stamped the background in Momento black ink for the flower outlines, & for the petals I inked with Momento but stamped off once to lighten it before stamping the background. Then I went back in with a brush and watercolored in my pinks. After drying it woth my embossing gun, I dry embossed with Stampin' Up!'s Square Lattice EF to give it a fabric~y look. For the 2 cut out flowers I used Stampin' Write markers to color the stamps, using the lighter pink first and then the darker. The large grey scallop border is from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, Arielle.
Lovely color combo, great idea.

LeAnne said...

Love the technique you used here.....I bypassed that set totally. I just don't think of flowers, but yours always look fabulous! I get my inspiration by looking at people's clothes too!! If only they knew!

Linda said...

Lots of great techniques! Thanks...I love the colors. I hope I get to play.

Kathy Martin said...

Great to 'see' you at the blog! This card is so pretty! Love the pink and black! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Arielle!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card!! i love how you used the new SU! embossing folder to make your panel look like fabric! i so want that folder!!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous!! LOVE that color combination!!!

Sara Mac said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the watercoloring combined with dry embossing. It adds such great texture to your lovely card.

Jessica Theodore said...

Love your take on the sketch, this is one amazing card! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails