all challenges foodie design teams digital hybrid tutorials xyz
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55: 8-11

3.17.2010

WISHING YOU SUNSHINE / CTD #84 & MTSC #65...


Here's a funky card that I started before work this morning... I managed to finish it at lunch! Yay me!




On Wednesdays I do a happy dance as I check out Color Throwdown to see what I'll be working on that evening, but I got lucky this morning! Maisie & I were up at 5 & after I fed her she went back to sleep. Alex didn't wake up until 6:30 - so I had a small window of time to start playing with the latest colors AND Mercy's Sketch Challenge, which I flipped on it's side!

I pulled out some retired DSP from Stampin' Up! for the three panels. At first I was only going to use the teal side, but I really liked the flowery side, so I went for it. The flower was made with nestabilities, I just nested them - ran them through the Big Shot & then ran them through again in an embossing folder. Has anyone noticed I'm a fiend for texture & dry embossing? I used SU!'s 3 Flower punch for the orange part of the flower -hard to tell, but that's a black rhinestone brad in the center, as well. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The ribbon is SU!, but it's the current Dusty Durango... strangley it seemed to match the Tangerine Tango.

Bye for now & thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

This card is beautiful! I love your whole sight! You are going right into my favorites so I can stop by and visit your blog everyday! TFS

Broni said...

Beautiful, big, bold flower! I love your little flag and all the embossing too! Thanks for playing the Throwdown with us!

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

I LOVE IT! bright and cheerful. Just a beautiful card.

dpkennedy said...

Love that big flower! Great design! Thanks for playing with the Color Throwdown!

Silvana said...

This is gorgeous.

Silvana

LeAnne said...

Just love it! The sketch looks great turned on the side, and that flower is delightful!

Barbara said...

Very pretty!! Love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails